NO CEREMONY///- HURTLOVE
The past few years it’s felt like the new collections just don’t stop. So many of them and in such quick succession. And it just becomes an inexhaustible flow of images that are very beautiful but mean nothing. We see them, like them and keep scrolling, greedy for the next thing.
This is the first collection in a long time that has made me stop and pay attention.
It’s not that I look and think ‘I have to dress like this now.’ It’s more that I look and see a perfect coherent fantasy world. Baroque, opulent, romantic, dramatic.
a bit less ugly.
- A dress I made from a sewing pattern from the seventies and fabric from the fifties.
- This is just a test. Not something I felt compelled to make for its own sake.
- It still needs a row of buttons down the front.
- I have a habit of hemming everything too short.
- It looks great with dr martens.